- 250 gm cherry truss tomatoes
- 1¼ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 750 gm (about 12) baby squid tubes, cleaned, scored and cut into 3cm x 5cm pieces
- 3 smoked chorizo sausages (300gm), thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Salad of shaved fennel, baby rocket, flat-leaf parsley and Ligurian olives with a red wine vinaigrette to serve
- 1 red capsicum, quartered
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, quartered
- 1 long red chilli, seeds discarded, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 15 gm (about 12) each roasted hazelnuts and roasted almonds
- 2 small garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1For romesco, preheat the oven to 200C. Drizzle capsicum with 1 tsp coconut oil and roast, turning occasionally, until skin blisters (25-30 minutes). Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 5 minutes. Toss tomato, chilli, remaining coconut oil and paprika in a bowl and season. Heat a frying pan over high heat, add tomato mixture and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender (2-3 minutes). Peel tomato and coarsely chop. Process nuts in a blender until finely ground. Peel capsicum and chop, then add to blender with tomato, chilli, garlic and vinegar. Blend until smooth then, with the motor running, add olive oil in a thin steady stream. Season to taste and refrigerate.
- 2Reduce oven to 180C. Soak 12 bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. Cut cherry tomatoes into 6 portions with scissors, leaving truss intact. Drizzle with 1 tsp coconut oil. Season with smoked paprika, salt and pepper and roast until tomatoes soften slightly (8-12 minutes).
- 3Meanwhile, place a slice of chorizo inside each piece of squid and thread onto skewers. Drizzle with remaining coconut oil and season well.
- 4Char-grill skewers and lemon in batches until squid is cooked and lemon is caramelised (1-1½ minutes each side).
- 5To serve, spoon romesco onto each plate, top with lemon and skewers and serve salad to the side.