"Think of this drink like a mid-afternoon-in-the-sun kind of Bloody Mary. It's fruitier, fresher with a restrained spice note and the green Tabasco gives the drink the vinegar-kick required for balance, without the heat," says Tim Philips.
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- 2 Granny Smith apples, unpeeled
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 200 ml vodka
- 12 dashes green Tabasco
- ¼ cup dill, plus an extra sprig to garnish
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 20 grinds black pepper
- 1Peel cucumbers and juice with apples, celery and lemon, then strain.
- 2Combine vodka, Tabasco, dill, 1 tsp sea salt flakes and 20 grinds of black pepper in a 750ml bottle, add juice, seal with a cap or cork (the lid will keep the apple juice from oxidising) and chill bottle on ice, or refrigerate until chilled, then serve over ice.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm