"Roasting broccolini brings out the best in it," says Lindsay. "When you boil it, it becomes quite sulphurous, but roasting it intensifies and deepens the flavours."
- 350 gm (2 bunches) broccolini
- 100 ml olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 2 long red chillies, finely chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Sherry vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to its highest setting. Toss broccolini in 1½ tbsp oil, then arrange in a roasting pan in a single layer, season to taste and roast until starting to brown (8-10 minutes).
- 2Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over low heat, add garlic and fry, stirring occasionally, until dark golden (1-2 minutes). Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add chilli to pan, cook until fragrant (1 minute), then remove from heat and add vinegar (take care, mixture will spit). Add roast broccolini to pan, season to taste and serve hot, scattered with crisp garlic.
Drink Suggestion: 2012 Cos Rami Inzolia Grecanico, Sicilia, Italy. Drink suggestion by Mat Lindsay