"I like this warm pineapple dessert served with vanilla yoghurt," says Greeno, "but you could use crème fraîche or ice-cream instead. It just has to be something cold and refreshing."
- 175 gm caster sugar
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 tbsp Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 200 gm thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 1Scatter sugar in the base of a large frying pan and cook over medium-high heat, shaking pan occasionally, until sugar is dark and caramelised (4-5 minutes). Add 100ml water (be careful, hot caramel will spit), swirl pan to combine, then add peppercorns and vanilla bean (reserve seeds).
- 2Meanwhile, quarter pineapple lengthways through the core, remove core and discard. Add pineapple to caramel and cook, turning occasionally, until glazed and tender (4-5 minutes).
- 3Stir yoghurt and vanilla seeds in a bowl to combine and serve with pineapple and spiced caramel.