- 800 gm calamari, cleaned, scored, sliced into 1cm-wide pieces
- 60 ml olive oil (¼ cup)
- 5 chicory leaves, thinly sliced (see note)
- 2 cups coriander (loosely packed)
- 150 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1For coriander dressing, blend ingredients in a blender until smooth, season to taste and set aside.
- 2Preheat a char-grill pan over high heat. Toss calamari in oil, season to taste and char-grill in batches, turning occasionally, until opaque and just cooked through (2-3 minutes). Drizzle with coriander dressing, scatter with chicory, season to taste and serve hot.
If chicory is unavailable, substitute another bitter green leaf, such as kale.
This recipe is from the February 2011 issue of
Drink Suggestion: 2007 Pietracupa Greco di Tufo, Campania, Italy. Drink suggestion by Katrina Birchmeier