- 2½ tbsp pine nuts
- 1 ripe but firm avocado, diced
- 500 gm white or Savoy cabbage, thinly shredded
- 300 gm leftover roast chicken, shredded
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (optional) (¼ cup)
- 60 ml lemon juice (¼ cup)
- Small handful soft herbs, such as tarragon, flat-leaf parsley and chervil, coarsely torn
- 1Preheat oven to 170C and roast pine nuts on a baking tray, shaking tray occasionally, until golden (4-6 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- 2Mash the avocado to a creamy yet slightly chunky texture in a bowl, add cabbage, roast chicken, olive oil, lemon juice, herbs and pine nuts, toss to evenly dress salad with avocado, season to taste, transfer to a platter and serve.