- 2 skinless chicken breasts (250gm each)
- 150 gm white quinoa
- ½ white onion, shaved on a mandolin
- 1 radish, shaved on a mandolin
- 1 cup coriander leaves (loosely packed)
- 2¾ tbsp chia seeds
- Juice of 1 lime
- 100 gm coriander (about 1 large bunch)
- 100 ml canola oil
- 80 gm flat-leaf parsley leaves (about 1 bunch)
- 50 ml white malt vinegar (see note)
- 2 tsp each ground allspice and ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 orange
- 1Steam chicken in a steamer over a saucepan of boiling water until cooked through (8-10 minutes; or you can poach the chicken; see note) Set aside to cool slightly, then thinly slice.
- 2Cook quinoa in a saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender (8-9 minutes; you want the quinoa to be a little bit al dente).
- 3Meanwhile, for recado verde, process ingredients in a blender to a smooth paste, then season to taste and set aside.
- 4Rinse onion under cold running water for 5 minutes, drain and place in a bowl with chicken, quinoa and remaining ingredients, toss to combine, season to taste, stir in recado verde and serve.
Note White malt vinegar is available from select delicatessens; if it isn't available, substitute half apple cider and half malt vinegar. To poach the chicken, place chicken in a saucepan of water, bring to the boil, remove from heat and stand for 10-12 minutes.
Drink Suggestion: Two Brothers Gypsy pear cider. Drink suggestion by Paul Aron