- 300 gm dark chocolate (68% cocoa solids)
- 50 gm milk chocolate (33% cocoa solids)
- 175 gm unsalted butter
- 8 eggs, separated
- 100 gm brown sugar
- 100 gm caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- To serve: raspberries, blackberries and cherries, halved
- 1Preheat oven to 160C. Melt both chocolates and butter in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water, then set aside to cool slightly.
- 2Whisk yolks, both sugars and vanilla in an electric mixer until pale and creamy (4-5 minutes). Stir into cooled chocolate.
- 3Whisk eggwhite until stiff peaks form, then fold gently into chocolate mixture. Spoon into eight, 200ml (9cm-diameter, 4cm-high) non-stick moulds coated lightly with melted butter and sugar until three-quarters full, then place in a roasting pan and fill with enough boiling water to come halfway up sides of moulds. Bake until cakes are risen and set (40-45 minutes). Cool on a wire rack. Do not refrigerate - the cakes need to be served the day they're made. Serve with raspberries, blackberries and cherries.
Note Christine Manfield uses Valrhona chocolate in this recipe.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am