"The key to any good frozen drink is consistency of liquid and balance," says Tim Philips. "This drink screams summer and is a guaranteed party favourite. You can blend up to six drinks at a time if you have a good large blender."
- 300 ml white rum
- 180 ml lime juice
- 6 peeled mango cheeks (from 3 mangoes)
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh coconut water (from about 1 young coconut)
- 200 gm caster sugar
- 1For coconut syrup, stir coconut water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved (1-2 minutes). Set aside to cool, then refrigerate until required. Coconut syrup will keep refrigerated for a month.
- 2For each Daiquiri, blend 50ml rum with 30ml each lime juice and coconut syrup, 1 mango cheek, a pinch salt and a large handful of ice in a blender until smooth (see note). Serve immediately.
Note It's always best to add a little less ice than you think when blending - it's easy to add ice for the desired smooth consistency, but too much liquid will throw out the balance.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am