"This salad can be enjoyed as an entrée or a main course," says Charlie Carrington of Colours Kitchen. "It's so fresh and packed with flavour." To make it gluten-free, swap the barley for quinoa.
- 80 gm pearl barley
- 3 baby cos lettuces, halved
- 1 cup (loosely packed) coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ cup (firmly packed) dill
- Arils from 1 pomegranate
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 50 gm anchovy fillets
- 50 gm capers
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 100 ml olive oil
- ¼ cup (firmly packed) coriander
- 1Cook barley in a saucepan of simmering water over medium heat until tender (20-25 minutes), then drain well.
- 2For anchovy sauce, pulse ingredients in a blender to a coarse paste.
- 3Combine herbs in a bowl with barley, pomegranate and anchovy fillets, then combine with anchovy sauce.
- 4Loosen the leaves of the cos with your hands. Spoon barley mixture in-between leaves to serve.
Drink suggestion: A pinot noir such as 2015 By Farr Farrside, from Bannockburn, Victoria. Drink suggestion by Charlie Carrington & Anna Riou-lebret.