“We serve these at the restaurant and they’re a big hit.”
- 150 gm small green lentils
- For deep-frying: vegetable oil
- 2 kg Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1½ cups mint (loosely packed)
- 200 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 100 ml vincotto
- 2 tbsp hot English mustard
- 1Combine lentils in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover generously, bring to the boil and cook until just tender (15-20 minutes), then drain and set aside.
- 2For vincotto dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl to combine, season to taste, set aside.
- 3Preheat oil in a large deep-sided saucepan or deep-fryer to 180C. Deep-fry Brussels sprouts in batches, stirring occasionally, until crisp and dark golden (4-5 minutes), drain on absorbent paper and transfer to a large bowl.
- 4Add lentils, mint and vincotto dressing, toss to coat and serve hot.
This recipe is from the December 2010 issue of .
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCasarecce with pork sausage, cavolo nero and chilliYesterday 6:00am