"A refreshing salad to add to a shared meal, this is also an awesome little snack by itself," says Tikaram. "Any dressing left over is also great used as a dipping sauce for fried seafood."
- 4 Lebanese cucumbers, seeds removed, thinly sliced lengthways into 6cm strips
- 200 gm snow peas, cut into julienne
- 100 gm enoki mushrooms, stems separated
- 1 long red chilli, cut into julienne
- 1 tsp roasted white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp roasted black sesame seeds
- 10 sheets crisp nori snacks (5gm pack; see note)
- 60 ml (¼ cup) white vinegar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 25 ml soy sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1For sesame dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- 2Combine cucumber and snow peas with remaining ingredients (except sesame seeds and nori snacks) in a bowl and dress generously with sesame dressing (about 125ml; you'll have some left over). Serve sprinkled with crumbled crisp nori and roasted white and black sesame seeds.
Crisp nori snacks are available from Korean and larger Asian supermarkets. They're great on their own or sprinkled over salads or raw dishes.