“I love the flavour of elderflower and I still remember the first time I tasted it in Switzerland. One of my jobs was to help our Austrian pastry chef pick and sort a whole lot of elderflowers to make fresh cordial. There were many hours spent on this repetitive job alongside someone who didn’t really talk much – but well worth it for the result.”
- 100 ml coconut cream, whisked until smooth, then chilled
- To serve: blueberries and dried shaved coconut
- 200 gm elderflower cordial (see note)
- 500 gm crushed ice
- 1For elderflower ice, blend cordial, crushed ice and 150ml cold water in a blender until fluffy. Spoon into chilled glasses and serve with dried coconut, blueberries and coconut cream.
Elderflower cordial is available from select delicatessens.
This recipe is from the February 2011 issue of
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm