- For greasing: butter
- For dusting: plain flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) pouring cream
- 155 gm caster sugar
- 300 gm cream cheese, softened
- 5 eggs
- 180 gm goat's curd
- 125 gm (½ cup) thick plain yoghurt
- 2 lemons, finely grated rind only
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 40 ml brandy
- 2 tbsp pure icing sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly butter a 25cm springform tin, then dust with flour, shaking out excess. Process all remaining ingredients except icing sugar in a food processor until smooth (1-2 minutes). Pour into prepared tin and bake until just set (25-30 minutes). Carefully remove cheesecake from the oven, sprinkle icing sugar over the top and bake until set (8-10 minutes). Remove from oven and brown top with a blowtorch until very dark (1-2 minutes). Alternatively, brown cheesecake under a very hot grill. Cool to room temperature before serving.
NoteThis recipe is from MoVida Rustica: Spanish Traditions and Recipes by Frank Camorra and Richard Cornish and published by Murdoch Books ($59.95, hbk) and appeared in the October 2009 issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller. In editing these recipes for publication, we have made minor changes to bring them into Gourmet Traveller style.