- For greasing: butter
- For dusting: plain flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) pouring cream
- 155 gm caster sugar
- 300 gm cream cheese, softened
- 5 eggs
- 180 gm goat’s curd
- 125 gm (½ cup) thick plain yoghurt
- 2 lemons, finely grated rind only
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 40 ml brandy
- 2 tbsp pure icing sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly butter a 25cm springform tin, then dust with flour, shaking out excess. Process all remaining ingredients except icing sugar in a food processor until smooth (1-2 minutes). Pour into prepared tin and bake until just set (25-30 minutes). Carefully remove cheesecake from the oven, sprinkle icing sugar over the top and bake until set (8-10 minutes). Remove from oven and brown top with a blowtorch until very dark (1-2 minutes). Alternatively, brown cheesecake under a very hot grill. Cool to room temperature before serving.
NoteThis recipe is from MoVida Rustica: Spanish Traditions and Recipes by Frank Camorra and Richard Cornish and published by Murdoch Books ($59.95, hbk) and appeared in the October 2009 issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller. In editing these recipes for publication, we have made minor changes to bring them into Gourmet Traveller style.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsA year-round travel guide to Austria's western AlpsYesterday 12:00am