“I love the back-palate fieriness that radishes give.”
- For shallow frying: vegetable oil
- ½ tbsp (firmly packed) each thyme, sage, basil and rosemary
- 20 gm sea salt flakes
- 120 gm softened unsalted butter
- 1 bunch French breakfast radishes, trimmed and halved
- 1Heat 1cm oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add herbs, fry until crisp (1-2 minutes), strain through a heatproof sieve (discard oil) and transfer to a mortar and pestle. Add salt and pound until coarsely ground, then set aside.
- 2Beat butter in an electric mixer until pale and fluffy (4-5 minutes). Pipe onto radishes using a piping bag. Serve with herb salt.
This recipe is from the February 2010 issue of .
Drink Suggestion: 2009 O’Leary Walker Watervale Riesling. Drink suggestion by Liam O'Brien
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm