- 500 gm peas (about 1.4kg unpodded)
- 2 small fennel bulbs, cut into 1cm dice
- ½ cup (firmly packed) mint, finely chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) mild extra-virgin olive oil, such as Cape
- Schanck Olive Estate
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- 300 gm soft marinated chèvre, such as Main Ridge Dairy, crumbled
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) dill
- 1Blanch peas in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender (4 minutes). Drain, refresh, then drain well.
- 2Combine fennel, mint and peas in a large bowl, dress with olive oil and balsamic and season to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with chèvre with dill to serve.
Drink suggestion: A fumé blanc, such as Eldridge Estate Fumé Blanc from the Mornington Peninsula. Drink suggestion by Andrew Murch.