"Our seven-year-old, Arwen, has been making this vinaigrette since she was five - she tastes it as she goes," says Levy Redzepi. "It's fresh and acidic and as good as the leaves. Frillice lettuce is crunchy but it's thin so it's like a perfect mix of cos and iceberg."
- 1 lettuce, leaves separated (I prefer frillice or cos)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp of wholegrain mustard
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1Rinse the lettuce and put it in a bowl with very cold water to give a little extra crispness.
- 2Meanwhile, mix balsamic vinegar and the mustards in a small bowl to combine, then while stirring slowly add the olive oil. Season to taste.
- 3Drain lettuce well, drizzle with vinaigrette to taste, toss to combine and serve.