"A dish of creamy sheep's-milk yoghurt and asparagus adds freshness to roast chicken, whether served hot, or cold the next day," says Josh Lewis of Fleet. Begin this recipe a day ahead to drain the yoghurt.
- 250 gm sheep's-milk yoghurt
- 340 gm (about 2 bunches) asparagus, trimmed
- 50 ml olive oil
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- ¼ cup dill sprigs
- Peeled zest of 1 lemon, cut into julienne and blanched
- 1Drain yoghurt in a sieve lined with muslin set over a bowl in the fridge (overnight).
- 2Preheat a barbecue (preferably charcoal) to high. Blanch asparagus (1 minute; see cook's notes p126), refresh, and drain well. Lightly brush asparagus with olive oil, season with a little salt and grill, turning until lightly charred (1-2 minutes).
- 3Spoon labne onto a plate and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Lay asparagus beside labne, scatter with dill and lemon zest, season to taste, and serve.