- 4 mulato chillies (see note)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 pineapple, peeled, halved, cut into wedges
- 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar
- 750 ml pineapple juice
- Juice of 2 limes
- 38 gm liquid glucose
- 1For granita, combine ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and simmer until sugar dissolves (5 minutes). Transfer to a tray and freeze until solid (at least 4 hours), then scrape with a fork to create ice crystals. Freeze until required.
- 2Combine chillies, honey and 60ml water in a saucepan over low heat until honey melts (2-5 minutes). Remove from heat and leave to infuse (10 minutes).
- 3Preheat a barbecue, preferably woodfire or coal, to high. Brush pineapple with honey mixture and grill, turning occasionally, until golden brown and tender (2-3 minutes each side). Serve with granita.