"This version of guacamole is inspired by Diana Kennedy's classic recipe, which, surprisingly, has no lime, as there is enough acidity in the tomatoes to carry it through," says La Casita chef Josh Lewis. "I serve extra lime on the side for those who like it."
- 2 avocados, at room temperature (see note), coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely diced white onion
- 1 tsp finely diced jalapeño (about ½ jalapeño)
- 1 tbsp diced tomato
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped coriander
- Totopos (corn chips) and lime wedges, to serve
- 1Coarsely mash avocado with a fork or a mortar and pestle and season with salt to taste. Stir through onion, jalapeño, tomato and coriander. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with totopos and lime wedges.
Keeping avocados at room temperature ensures the guacamole will have a creamy consistency.