This recipe is from the cookbook Creole (Phaidon) by Babette de Rozières.
- 4 large entrecôte steaks (see note)
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp rosemary leaves
- 1Place steaks in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, add half of the garlic and mix well so that the seasoning penetrates the meat. Stand in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- 2Heat oil in a frying pan and brown steaks on both sides. Place them on a plate. Deglaze pan with vinegar. Stir in onion, green onion, rosemary and remaining garlic and cook gently, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes. Top steaks with sauce. Serve hot.
Note Entrecôte steaks are a boneless cut from the forerib and sometimes called sirloin.