"Hawkesbury River school prawns are available from November until March and are absolutely amazing, so make the most of them when they're in season. Eat them shell and all," says Boetz. "Beans are also delicious this time of year. Just add a simple olive oil and lemon dressing. Serve this salad with some buttered rye bread and you've got the perfect light spring meal, or serve it as part of a bigger meal, as I have here."
- 200 gm green beans, trimmed
- 400 gm cooked Hawkesbury River school prawns, cleaned
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 large radishes, cut into julienne
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
- 1Blanch beans until bright green and just tender (2-3 minutes), drain, refresh in iced water, drain well again, then thinly slice into strips and transfer to a bowl. Add prawns, celery and radish, drizzle with oil and lemon juice, season to taste, toss lightly to combine and serve.
Drink Suggestion: Crisp dry white vermentino. Drink suggestion by Max Allen