“Gin and peaches are good mates, as are honey and lemons, so this drink is a little bit like four old friends having a civilised giggle. Slings were originally made with rum, sugar and beer, until bitters came along to replace the beer.” - Jason Crawley
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ lemon
- 60 ml white peach nectar (see note) (¼ cup)
- 30 ml Plymouth gin
- To serve: lemonade, chilled
- 1In a shaker, add honey, 1 tsp hot water and lemon and muddle. Add peach nectar, gin, half-fill with ice and shake for 30 seconds or until shaker goes frosty.
- 2Strain into a highball glass filled with shards of ice, top with lemonade and serve.
White peach nectar is available from
and select gourmet stores.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm