Recipe for honeycomb with cultured cream from Marque, Sydney.
- 415 gm caster sugar
- 150 gm liquid glucose
- 65 gm single blossom honey (such as Malfroy's Gold; see note)
- 18 gm bicarbonate of soda
- 200 gm crème fraîche, to serve
- 1Line a 20cm-square cake tin with baking paper. Stir sugar, glucose, honey and 75ml water in a deep saucepan over medium-high heat until dissolved, wiping down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush to prevent crystals forming. Boil until sugar syrup reaches 160C on a sugar thermometer (8-10 minutes). Remove from heat and whisk in bicarbonate of soda (mixture will foam up). Working quickly, pour mixture into prepared tin and leave to cool and set (1-2 hours).
- 2When cool, break honeycomb into shards. Honeycomb will keep stored in an airtight container for a week. Serve honeycomb shards with crème fraîche.
Note At Marque they culture their own cream. Malfroy's Gold honey is available online at malfroysgold.com.au.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Gift Guides9 luxury Father's Day gift ideas for the dapper dadYesterday 11:33pm