"Green, fresh and aromatic, this is my take on a slushie crossed with bubble tea, two of my favourite beverages combined," says Quade. "This dish is crying out for a splash of your preferred gin to take it to the next level."
- 400 ml apple juice
- 40 gm small tapioca pearls
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeds discarded, flesh cut into 1cm dice
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into 1cm dice
- Finely grated rind and juice of 2 limes
- 8 sprigs peppermint or mint
- To serve: crushed ice
- 130 gm caster sugar
- 35 gm loose-leaf peppermint tea
- 1Bring apple juice to the boil in a saucepan over high heat, add tapioca and cook, stirring frequently, until tender (10-12 minutes). Spread on a tray and refrigerate to chill.
- 2For peppermint tea, bring sugar and 500ml water to the boil, stirring to dissolve sugar, then remove from heat, add tea leaves and set aside to steep (2 minutes). Strain through a fine sieve, add 2 cups of ice cubes and refrigerate to chill.
- 3Combine cucumber, apple, lime rind and juice in a bowl, then stir in tapioca mixture and mint. Spoon into chilled bowls, top with crushed ice and pour tea over just before serving.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Restaurant NewsSurf’s up: Three Blue Ducks is coming to MelbourneYesterday 11:00pm