“Negroni (pictured left) is one of the coolest drinks around. We had our first (and eighth!) in Bellagio on Lake Como. This is the mix we tried there. Use Punt e Mes vermouth and ruby grapefruit and you’ll feel like you’re on the banks of Lake Como too.”
- 2 parts Campari
- 1 part Punt e Mes (see note)
- 1 part sloe gin (see note)
- To serve: thinly sliced ruby grapefruit
- 1Fill a tumbler with ice, pour over Campari. Top with Punt e Mes and sloe gin. Add ruby grapefruit and serve.
Note Punt e Mes, a style of sweet vermouth, and sloe gin, made with sloe berries, are available from select liquor shops. This recipe is from the August 2009 issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am