- 4 marron
- 80 gm kelp
- 100 gm vegetable oil
- 300 gm Jerusalem artichokes
- salt, to taste
- 500 gm milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Nespresso Ristretto coffee capsule
- 1Remove marron meat from shell and place on a skewer. Heat over gentle coals or on a BBQ for 4-5 minutes, turning once, until cooked.
- 2For the kelp oil, pour vegetable oil into a medium-sized pan. Then place kelp in the oil and cover. Cook on a low heat for 1 hour.
- 3In a separate pan, warm the milk and diced onion for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and add a shot of coffee. Cover and leave for a further 30 minutes. Strain through some fine muslin cloth and season with salt.
- 4Wrap Jerusalem artichokes in foil and bake in oven at 190°C for 60 minutes, until soft. Once cooked, slice open and remove the white meat inside. Season with salt.
- 5To plate, place the marron in a bowl and arrange pieces of Jerusalem artichoke around it. Cover the dish with warm coffee milk, followed by kelp and one tablespoon of kelp oil.
If the marron are small, double the quantity. You'll also need some fine muslin or cheesecloth to strain the coffee milk.This recipe is presented by Nespresso.