Attributed to pre-war bar legend Harry Craddock, who tended bar at London’s Savoy, a bar frequented by the Fleet Street press hounds.
- 40 ml gin
- 10 ml dry vermouth (see note)
- 10 ml sweet vermouth (see note)
- Dash of Cointreau
- Dash of lemon juice
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- To garnish: orange twist
- 1Add all ingredients except orange twist to a shaker half-filled with ice. Shake hard and fast, strain into a chilled martini glass, garnish with an orange twist and serve.
Bax uses Noilly Prat dry vermouth and Punt e Mes sweet vermouth.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am