- 3 tsp corn flour
- 800 gm green king prawns, peeled, veins removed, tails intact (about 16)
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 80 ml vegetable oil (1/3 cup)
Honey and garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp honey (see note)
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 tsp light soy sauce
- 1Combine cornflour with 2 tsp water in a large bowl, add prawns, soy sauce, egg yolk and sesame oil and mix to combine.
- 2For honey and garlic sauce, combine ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- 3Heat vegetable oil in a wok over high heat, add half the prawns and cook for 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer prawns to an absorbent paper-lined plate and repeat with remaining prawns.
- 4Carefully drain oil from wok and wipe clean with absorbent paper. Heat wok over medium heat, add honey and garlic sauce and simmer for 1½ minutes, then add prawns and cook for 30 seconds or until prawns are hot. Serve immediately.
Note Kylie uses Patrice Newellis Elmswood Honey, available from Macro Wholefoods.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsThe best places to visit in Queenstown, New ZealandYesterday 2:30am