- 3 tsp corn flour
- 800 gm green king prawns, peeled, veins removed, tails intact (about 16)
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 80 ml vegetable oil (1/3 cup)
Honey and garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp honey (see note)
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 tsp light soy sauce
- 1Combine cornflour with 2 tsp water in a large bowl, add prawns, soy sauce, egg yolk and sesame oil and mix to combine.
- 2For honey and garlic sauce, combine ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- 3Heat vegetable oil in a wok over high heat, add half the prawns and cook for 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer prawns to an absorbent paper-lined plate and repeat with remaining prawns.
- 4Carefully drain oil from wok and wipe clean with absorbent paper. Heat wok over medium heat, add honey and garlic sauce and simmer for 1½ minutes, then add prawns and cook for 30 seconds or until prawns are hot. Serve immediately.
Note Kylie uses Patrice Newellis Elmswood Honey, available from Macro Wholefoods.