- 1 ripe mango, flesh cut into chunks
- 4 small basil leaves
- 10 ml sugar syrup, plus extra to taste (see note)
- 100 ml chilled prosecco
- 10 ml mango liqueur (optional, see note)
- 1In a small highball glass, muddle mango with basil and sugar syrup.
- 2Slowly stir in prosecco. Add more sugar syrup or mango liqueur to taste and serve.
To make sugar syrup, combine an equal quantity of sugar and water in a saucepan and boil or simmer to dissolve. One cup each of sugar and water will make 1½ cups of syrup, and if sealed will keep indefinitely in the fridge. Bax uses Massenez mango liqueur.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am