"Greca is right on the water, so we like to celebrate fish and seafood," says owner Jonathan Barthelmess. "We have a great supplier who brings in amazing reef fish from Cairns, which we pair with citrus, including finger limes and blood orange when they're in season."
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15 capers in vinegar, rinsed and dried well
- 1 lemon and 1 lime, peeled
- 150 gm skinless white-fleshed reef fish fillet, such as coral trout, snapper or kingfish, thinly sliced
- 4 radicchio leaves, torn
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Small purslane leaves (optional; see note), to serve
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Heat oil in a small saucepan over high heat. Add capers and fry until crisp (1-2 minutes). Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 2Cut 5 segments from the lemon and 5 from the lime and place in a a non-reactive bowl (see cook's notes). Squeeze in 2 tsp each lemon juice and lime juice, add fish, toss to coat, and marinate for 5 minutes.
- 3Divide radicchio among plates and top with fish, citrus segments and juice. Scatter with capers, chives and purslane, season with salt to taste and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil to serve.
Purslane is available from farmers' markets and select greengrocers.Drink suggestion: A floral, fruity white, such as the 2017 Jim Barry Assyrtiko. Drink suggestion by Sam Christie.