- 250 gm raspberries, halved widthways (2 punnets)
- 250 gm blueberries (2 punnets)
- 250 gm strawberries, hulled and sliced into rounds (1 punnet)
- 140 gm butter, at room temperature
- 140 gm pure icing sugar
- 6 eggs
- 70 gm almond meal
- 100 gm panko crumbs
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 125 gm white couverture chocolate, finely chopped
- 250 gm mascarpone (1 cup)
- 75 gm pure icing sugar
- 250 ml pouring cream (1 cup)
- 1For spice cake, preheat oven to 180°C. Butter a 20cm-diameter cake tin and line with baking paper. Beat butter and icing sugar in an electric mixer until pale and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Beat in eggs one at time, beating well between additions. Add remaining ingredients and beat to combine. Pour batter into tin and smooth top with a spatula, then bake until a skewer inserted withdraws clean (25 minutes). Cool in tin for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 2For caramelised white chocolate, stir chocolate continuously in a small saucepan over low heat until melted, golden and caramelised (20-25 minutes). Pour onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and chill until set (30 minutes to 1 hour). Coarsely chop or grate.
- 3For mascarpone cream, process mascarpone and icing sugar in a food processor until smooth. With motor running, gradually add cream, whisking until just incorporated. Do not overwork or cream will split.
- 4To serve, break cake into 16 pieces and divide among plates, spoon mascarpone cream over, top with berries and sprinkle with caramelised white chocolate.
Drink Suggestion: Serragghia Moscato DOC di Pantelleria, Sicily. This is a unique and exceptional wine if you're able to get your hands on it. It's a classic-style dessert wine, displaying orange-blossom characters, candied fruit and honey. It provides contrast to the berries and is great with the white chocolate. Drink suggestion by Luke Skidmore