"This is a simple, southern Italian dish inspired by the Bocca cookbook. We did a similar dish at Rockpool using clams, beans and serrano ham." says Khan Danis.
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 pinches of chilli flakes
- 2 kg black mussels, beards removed
- 800 gm canned cannellini beans, drained
- 500 gm cherry tomatoes, halved
- 375 ml white wine
- 1½ cups coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley (loosely packed)
- of 1 lemon, Juice
- 1Stir garlic, oil and chilli flakes in a saucepan over low-medium heat until tender (1-2 minutes). Add mussels, beans and tomatoes and fry until tomatoes have slightly softened (2 minutes). Add wine, cover with a lid, increase heat to high and cook until mussels have just opened (4-5 minutes). Add parsley and lemon juice, season to taste with pepper, divide among bowls, drizzle with oil and serve.
Drink Suggestion: 2011 Ca’ Montini Pinot Grigio, Trentino, Italy Drink suggestion by Penny Watson-Green
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am