"This is a knockout way to cook either ocean trout or tuna. We served the tuna version with Moroccan eggplant salad when Rockpool first opened." - Neil Perry
- 4 ocean trout fillets, skin on, pin boned (180gm each)
- To serve: lemon wedges
- 1½ cups (firmly packed) coriander sprigs
- 2 small red shallots, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 6 cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped lemongrass heart
- 1 tbsp each of ras el hanout (see note), ground cumin and Hungarian paprika
- Pinch each of ground coriander, white pepper, fennel seeds and chilli
- To taste: lemon juice
- 1For chermoula, process coriander, shallot, garlic, ginger, oil and a pinch of salt in a blender to a smooth paste. Add lemongrass and process. Add spices and process to a fine paste. Season with lemon juice and salt.
- 2Preheat a chargrill over medium-high heat. Spread a heaped tablespoon of chermoula evenly onto flesh side of each fillet, then cook, chermoula-side down for 4-5 minutes or until medium-rare. Turn and cook for 2-3 minutes or until skin is crisp and trout is just cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges and <a href="rockpool_green_salad_with_palm_sugar_dressing.htm">Rockpool green salad</a>.
Note Ras el hanout is a Moroccan spice blend available from Herbie's Spices.