"The success of this lies entirely on shucking the oysters immediately before serving," says Sean Moran of Sean's in Sydney, Bondi. "For a puritan all that's needed then is a wedge of lemon, maybe, or another high note like tarragon or shallot vinegar. Allow four to six oysters per person, I prefer Sydney rocks to the larger Pacific oysters, and anything from Tasmania will surely rock your boat for pristine flavour."
- 2 tbsp tarragon vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped French tarragon leaves
- 1 tsp thinly sliced chives
- 2 dozen freshly shucked oysters
- 1Add vinegar to a bowl and, whisking constantly, slowly pour in oil until emulsified. Stir in herbs and serve at once with oysters.
Drink suggestion: Any favourite Champagne. Drink suggestion by Beverley Woods.