"Oysters, caviar, Champagne - a trio of equally luxurious ingredients, and served together, they signal the start of an extra-special occasion," says Stone. "Yuzu is a tart Asian citrus fruit that is best fresh, but if you can't find it, yuzu juice from an Asian grocer will do the trick."
- 24 oysters, shucked, shells reserved
- To serve: crushed ice
- 60 gm caviar (Maude uses oscietra)
- 1 tbsp yuzu juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ silver-strength gelatine leaves, softened in cold water for 5 minutes
- 180 ml rosé Champagne
- 1For Champagne gelée, warm lemon juice in a small saucepan over low-medium heat, remove from heat, squeeze excess water from gelatine, add to pan and whisk to dissolve. Transfer to a bowl, stir in Champagne, then pour into a shallow container and refrigerate until set (1½-2 hours). Using a fork, gently scrape to break up the gelée.
- 2Arrange oysters in the half-shell on a platter of crushed ice, top each with a little caviar and Champagne gelée, garnish with a couple drops of yuzu juice and serve.
Drink Suggestion: H Goutorbe Cuvée Prestige NV, Champagne, France. Drink suggestion by Ben Aviram