Strain the fat from the <a href="/roast-loin-of-wessex-saddleback.htm">roast pork</a> for this recipe.
- 125 ml (½ cup) strained pork fat (see note)
- 1 kg baby potatoes, such as pinkeye or Dutch cream, scrubbed, unpeeled
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 6 sage leaves
- 1Heat pork fat in a frying pan over low heat, add potatoes and garlic and stir occasionally until tender and golden (25-30 minutes). Add sage and cook until crisp. Season to taste and serve with <a href="roast-loin-of-wessex-saddleback.htm">roast loin of Wessex saddleback</a>.
You can substitute lard or olive oil for pork fat.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am