“This is totally summer in a bag, so to speak: early afternoon, with a long, lazy night ahead, poolside. Swizzles are originally from the West Indies. They used to swizzle the crushed ice with a four-pronged wooden spoon to frost the outside of the glass to keep their drinks cool, and that spoon evolved into the swizzle sticks we know today.” - Jason Crawley
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 30 ml vodka
- 30 ml mango purée (see note)
- 15 ml orgeat or almond syrup
- 60 ml pineapple juice (¼ cup)
- 1Fill a tumbler with crushed ice and add ingredients.
- 2Swizzle with a swizzle stick for 20 seconds.
- 3Add a straw, place glass into a paper bag and cinch top of bag around straw.
For mango purée, process 2 mango cheeks in a blender. Freeze any excess purée.