- 2 tbsp (about ½ bunch) dill, plus a few sprigs extra
- 4 lebanese cucumbers
- 2 large pickled cucumbers (polski ogorki), quartered lengthways
- extra-virgin olive oil (optional), to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 60°C or lowest temperature. Spread dill on a baking tray lined with baking paper and dry out completely in oven (1½-2 hours). Process into a powder with a small food processor or crush with a mortar and pestle. Store in an airtight container for 1-2 days.
- 2Spiralise Lebanese cucumber or thinly slice lengthways into julienne, and lay out in as long strands as possible.
- 3Roll each pickle quarter and a sprig of dill in cucumber strands (as tightly as possible without breaking the strands). Season to taste, dust with dill powder and serve drizzled with a little oil.
Drink suggestion: Moriki Shuzo sake