- ¼ pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 8 cooked tortillas
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chopped canned chipotle chilli in adobo
- 190 ml fresh pineapple juice
- 25 ml white vinegar
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 500 gm pork neck, thinly sliced and cut into 3cm strips
- 25 ml canola oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green capsicum
- ¾ tsp finely chopped long green chill, seeds removed
- 1 tsp finely chopped onion
- ½ green tomato
- 1/3 cup coriander
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Pinch each of salt and caster sugar to taste
- 1For pineapple-marinated pork, combine garlic, chipotle, pineapple juice, vinegar, cumin, oregano and paprika in a bowl. Add pork and a good pinch salt and stand to marinate for 4 minutes (but no longer or the acid in the juice will break down the pork).
- 2Meanwhile, for green salsa, process ingredients in a blender until smooth. Check seasoning and set aside. Makes ½ cup.
- 3Drain pork, then toss in canola oil. Cook in batches in a char-grill pan over high heat, turning occasionally, until caramelised (1-2 minutes).
- 4Briefly warm tortillas in a non-stick pan. Place a spoonful of grilled marinated pork on each tortilla, add a few chunks of pineapple and 1-2 teaspoons of green salsa and serve.