- 1 kg new or baby potatoes, scrubbed
- 200 gm peas
- Leaves of 1 rosemary sprig
- 2 tbsp fruit vinegar (see note)
- 150 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1Simmer potatoes in a large saucepan of salted water until just cooked, adding peas in last minute of cooking (20-25 minutes). Drain and add the rosemary.
- 2For vinaigrette, whisk ingredients in a bowl, season to taste, then add to warm potatoes, toss and serve.
To make the vinegar, chop the oranges, weigh them and add an equal quantity of white wine vinegar and 33 per cent of the fruit weight in caster sugar. Simmer the mixture until fragrant and the fruit is soft (around 30 minutes), then strain. This works with any acidic fruit including wild blackberries and crab apples.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm