You’ll need to begin this recipe a day ahead.
- 200 gm dried cannellini beans, soaked overnight in plenty of water, drained (see note)
- 800 gm Dutch cream potatoes (about 5), skin on, scrubbed
- 150 ml pouring cream
- 80 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 1Combine beans and plenty of cold water in a saucepan, simmer gently over medium heat until tender (25-30 minutes), drain and process in a food processor to a smooth paste. Return to pan and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat to medium and simmer until tender and a skewer inserted meets no resistance (15-20 minutes). Drain and, when cool enough to handle, peel and pass through a moulis into bean purée (or mash well, then add to bean purée).
- 3In a separate saucepan, heat cream and butter together until simmering, gradually add to potato mixture and mix until smooth. Season to taste and serve immediately with <a href="lamb_shoulder_with_tomato_fagioli_and_olive_rag.htm">braised lamb shoulder</a>.
Note You could substitute dried cannellini beans with 800gm drained canned cannellini beans. Process, without cooking, in a food processor to a smooth paste.