- 1.2 kg waxy potatoes, such as kipfler or pink fir apple
- 80 gm wild greens (such as chickweed, dandelion and fat hen), washed
- 300 ml milk
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 120 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1For anchovy dressing, place milk in a saucepan over medium heat, add garlic cloves and anchovy fillets and bring to the simmer. Cook until garlic is soft (about 10 minutes), then pour contents
of pan into a blender. Allow to cool slightly, then add oil, vinegar and mustard and blend until smooth. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, adjusting acidity with a little extra vinegar if necessary.
- 2Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Add a pinch of salt, bring to the boil over high heat, then immediately reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a skewer (10-15 minutes). Drain and set aside to cool to room temperature, then slice any larger potatoes in half lengthways.
- 3To serve, place potatoes and wild greens in a large bowl, drizzle with anchovy dressing and toss to combine.
Drink Suggestion: Dry, still English-style cider. Drink suggestion by Max Allen