"This is another really tasty recipe you can use pretty much all year round - it's particularly good with a braise in autumn and winter," says Strode. "This can be made the day before, too, and reheated."
- 150 gm butter
- 50 gm piece of ginger, finely grated on a microplane
- 2 kg pumpkin of your choice, peeled, seeded, cut into rough 5cm pieces
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add ginger and stir until fragrant (2-3 minutes). Add pumpkin and 100ml water, season to taste, cover and simmer until pumpkin is soft (25-35 minutes). Coarsely mash with a fork and keep warm. Serve with <a href="http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/recipes/recipe-search/chefs-recipes/2014/12/roast-goose-breast/">roast goose</a>.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am