- 60 ml olive oil (¼ cup)
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 12 quail eggs
- To serve: thinly shaved bottarga, chervil stems, extra-virgin olive oil and lavosh
- 1Heat oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat, add onion and garlic, season to taste with salt, cover closely with baking paper, and stir occasionally until golden and tender (20-25 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, cook quail eggs in simmering water in a saucepan over medium heat until soft boiled (2½ minutes), drain, refresh under cold running water, peel and set aside.
- 3Arrange braised onion and quail eggs on serving plates, scatter over bottarga and chervil stems, drizzle with olive oil, season to taste and serve with lavosh.
This recipe is from the February 2011 issue of .
Drink Suggestion: 2008 D’Meure Pinot Gris Drink suggestion by Katrina Birchmeier