This recipe makes about 1½ litres.
- 3 baby golden beetroot, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 8 baby carrots (preferably a mix of Dutch carrots and purple heirloom carrots), peeled, halved lengthways
- 6 breakfast or red radishes, halved lengthways
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 baby fennel bulb, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 350 ml apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey (optional)
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 2 cloves
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1Combine vegetables and 1 tsp sea salt in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse vegetables under cold running water, then transfer to sterilised jars.
- 2Bring remaining ingredients, 250ml water and ½ tsp sea salt flakes to the boil and pour over the vegetables. Seal and set aside to cool, then refrigerate to pickle (1 hour or overnight). Pickles will keep for 2 weeks after opening.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm