"This salad is excellent with a piece of simply grilled fish and is also good with chicken," says George Calombaris. "I really love using caper leaves if I can get them, but, if not, I use chopped capers."
- 50 gm small green lentils
- 80 gm baby capers in vinegar, rinsed
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 golden shallot, finely chopped
- Zested rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 baby cos, leaves separated
- 6 radishes, such as golfball or watermelon, thinly sliced on a mandolin and crisped in iced water, plus extra, cut into wedges, to serve
- 1Cook lentils in a saucepan of boiling water until tender (20-25 minutes), then drain, refresh and drain again well and set aside.
- 2Combine capers, olive oil, shallot, rind and juice in a small bowl, season to taste and set aside.
- 3Combine cos lettuce, radish and lentils in a bowl with caper dressing, season to taste and toss to combine, then serve.
Drink Suggestion: 2012 Mercouri Foloi Roditis, Ilias. Drink suggestion by Andrew Phillpot