- 185 gm unsalted butter, softened
- 120 gm brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 260 gm plain flour (1¾ cups)
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 120 gm icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 80 gm raspberry jam (¼ cup)
- 1Preheat oven to 180C and line a large or 2 smaller baking trays with baking paper. Using an electric mixer, beat 175gm butter with brown sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy. Add egg and beat to combine, then sift flour and baking powder over and mix to a firm dough. Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and place on prepared baking trays, pressing lightly to flatten. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2Meanwhile, using an electric mixer or hand whisk, beat remaining butter, icing sugar and 1 tbsp water to a smooth cream.
- 3To assemble, spread a little cream over half the biscuits and spread jam over other half. Sandwich biscuit halves together and leave for 30 minutes to set. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Drink Suggestion: Nice cup of tea. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm