Quality pork sausages are essential in this recipe. GA&S uses pork sausages made from Robert Marchetti’s salumi range.
- 80 gm unsalted butter, coarsely chopped
- 6 pork sausages, coarsely chopped into 1cm-thick pieces
- 2 Spanish onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp sage leaves, finely chopped
- 150 ml red wine
- 1 400gm can diced tomatoes
- 250 ml chicken stock (1 cup)
- 320 gm dried rigatoni
- To serve: finely grated parmesan
- 1In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat until starting to brown (4-5 minutes). Add sausages and fry until starting to brown (4-5 minutes), add onion, garlic, chilli and sage and cook until onion is soft (4-5 minutes). Increase heat to high, add wine, mixing well, and cook until evaporated. Reduce heat to low, add tomatoes and chicken stock, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and simmer, stirring frequently, until reduced and sauce just coats sausage (25-30 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and return to pan to keep warm. Add ragù to pasta, toss to combine and serve immediately with grated parmesan.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am