This is one of our Christmas staples.
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, dry roasted
- 1 cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 gm roasted walnuts (½ cup)
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely torn
- 1½ lemons, finely grated rind and juice only
- To serve: shaved queso de cabra (see note) and extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Place coriander seeds in a mortar and, using a pestle, finely crush, then combine with cauliflower, olive oil and two-thirds of the walnuts. Place in a heavy-based roasting tray and roast for 25 minutes or until slightly brown and just beginning to soften. Cool slightly, then add onion, garlic, parsley and lemon rind and juice. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss gently.
- 2Serve cauliflower scattered with cheese and remaining walnuts, drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil, either warm or at room temperature.
Queso de cabra, a semi-mature Spanish goat’s milk cheese, is available from Spanish delicatessens and specialty cheese stores. If unavailable, substitute with another Spanish goat’s milk cheese.